Please visit this page often for updates and important information that
you may need to be aware of. Thank you.
March 7 - Storm Watch
To see if the base is closed contact Base Information 902 721 8325, this is updated daily at 0530.
This will inform if base is closed and what time it will open.
FYI. This is the information that was shared with worksite coordinators:
IWD 2018 Memo to Worksite Coordinators
There will be people attending the conference with severe allergies and environmental sensitivities. Please make participants aware of this and remind them that this is a smoke and scent-free conference.
In lieu of a registration fee, donations are being collected for Harbour House. For more information, visit: http://harbour-house.ca/.
Other info for participants:
* At the entrance to Stadacona, you will be required to show a government issued ID (such as driver's license or your government ID)
* Juno Towers is at the Stadacona Base in Halifax which is just after the exit of the MacDonald Bridge in Halifax. There is a slight right to North Street and then left onto Lorne Terrace.
* For those taking transit, there is a bus stop on North Street (not far from the entrance).
* For those driving, there will be free parking available at the Dockyard. When driving to the dockyard, they will advise where to park and there will be shuttles to take you to Juno Tower. The morning shuttle will start at 0745 to 0900 and there will be a lunchtime shuttle from noon to 1:00 pm.
* Check-in begins at 8:00 AM to 9 AM on Thursday, March 8.
* Lunch will be available for purchase at Juno Tower.
* Information booths from various organizations will be on display and some may have items for sale.
* There will be a silent auction this year to help raise funds for the Conference.
For more information on the conference and updates, please visit: www.iwd-halifax.com<http://www.iwd-halifax.com>. When visiting the site, you are also encouraged to visit the What's New Page where any information that you need to be aware of will be shared.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:Rhonda.email@example.com>.
March 6, 2018 Evening
All confirmations have been sent.
If you submitted a registration and did not receive confirmation, please contact Rhonda right away with your registration information.
March 6, 2018
Confirmations are scheduled to be sent to worksite coordinators by end of day today.
March 2, 2018
We are still accepting registration requests due to technical issues with the website.
Please also note that there has been an addition to the program for the morning. We will now have a session on Personal Safety.
February 22, 2018
Registration has begun. Please note there is a possibility of adding a workshop or two to the list.
February 19, 2018
Registration to begin on Thursday, February 22
February 18, 2018
We are hoping that registration will begin soon.
Please check back on Wednesday, February 21 for updates.
February 16, 2018
The program is in the final stages and we are hoping registration for this year's event will begin soon. Please check back for updates.
February 7, 2018
This year's International Women's Day event will be held at Juno Towers in Halifax, Stadacona Base. There will be parking and it is very close to the MacDonald Bridge for those coming from Dartmouth. More details to Follow.