1) Car Care Clinic: Ladies, get revved up about your car! Get more familiar with the basic maintenance
of your vehicle. Facilitator: Sandy Sinnott (Session B & C)
2) Eldercare 101: We will give you some tips to make caring easier and describe who qualifies
for respite (a break from caregiving responsibilities) provided by the government. Facilitator: Sharon Reashore, Executive
Director, Caregivers Nova Scotia (Session A) This workshop is filled up.
3) Ten Secrets to Healthy Eating: Come and discover these ten secrets and you will also get to taste (morning
group only) a great quick and easy meal idea! Facilitator: Laurie Barker Jackman, Dietitian with Sobeys (Session A& C)
These workshops are filled up.
4) Personal Safety and Internet Safety for Parents: Learn how to increase your level of personal and
Internet safety. Facilitator: Tanya Chambers, Halifax Regional Police, Community Relations Crime Prevention. (Session A)
to CFQ Healing QiGong: Meridian
Movements and Meditation. QiGong is a consciousness expanding technique integral to traditional Chinese medicine with roots
in Taoism and Buddhist meditation. Facilitator: Dana Marcon, Owner, Kaizen Coaching and DM Personal Training and Medical Exercise
Clinic (Session A & B) Note: These workshops will be held at the Dartmouth Sportsplex These sessions are filled
Grief: This workshop will discuss the grieving process, the differences between sudden and anticipated
death and the impact of trauma on grief. Facilitator: Dr. Diane Hetherington, Ed. D., RMFT, Family Therapist, Breakthrough. (Session B & C) These sessions
are filled up.
and the Naturopathic Road to Health: Learn how
you can manage pain, enhance your energy, and achieve optimal overall health with the healing approaches taken by
Naturopathic Doctors. Facilitator: Dr. Jodi Brown, ND (Session B
& C) Dr. Jodi Brown was very kind and she allowed us to increase the size of
this very popular workshop. Please note that there are very few seats remaining.
Conflict: In this interactive session, you will be introduced to a new way of looking at conflict and learn how to
have those difficult conversations you may have been avoiding. Facilitator: Donna Clark (Session B & C) Both
workshops are now full.
in the Workplace: An introduction. Facilitator: Crystal Taylor (Session A & B) These workshops are full as of Wednesday, January 25.
10) Wills and Estate Planning:
Careful planning allows you, rather than the government, to make decisions about your estate and the guardianship of
your children. Facilitator: Kim Johnson (Session A Only)
11) Shake It Dance: Bring
dance and exercise to a whole new level. Come join Leslie and move to Latin rhythms like Salsa, Tango, and Cha Cha. Facilitator:
Leslie Carvery (Session A, B & C) Session B is for first-time participants only. Note: These workshops will be
held at the Dartmouth Sportsplex There are a few spots remaining in the C session but Worshop A
and B are now filled up.
12) Stretching the Already Stretched Dollar: Credit Counselling. Avoid financial pitfalls and climbing
out from under debt. Facilitator: Jocelyn Brown (Session A & B)
13) Financial Planning: Tips on how to plan your financial future with confidence. Facilitators: Allison Edwards and Susan Springett
(Session A) This workshop is filled up.
14) Moving Forward - Working with a Professional Life Coach: Join coach Lara Morris in an introduction to working with a
professional coach and steps you can take to move forward in your personal and professional life. Facilitator: Lara Morris (Session B & C) These workshops are filled up.
15) Reclaiming the Joy in the Age of Depression: Understanding and managing depression: A focus to
overcome inner conflict. Facilitator: Dr. Julie MacManus (Session B & C) These workshops
are filled up.
16) Parenting Strategies: For those with small and elementary aged children. Facilitator: Natalie Downey (Session C)
This workshop is filled up.
17) Parenting Strategies: Teaming Up with your Teen. Facilitator: Natalie Downey (Session A & B)
18) Toast Masters: Learn to Speak Out with Toastmasters: Interested in public speaking but afraid to speak out? Toastmasters
can help you develop better speaking and presentation skills; learn to think quickly and clearly on your feet and build strong
leadership abilities. Facilitators: Tami Guthro, Cindy Slade and Karen Beehan. (Sessions A & C) These sessions are filled-up.
Spiritual Side of Yoga. Ancient Wisdom in the Modern
World. Discussion and simple yoga exercises for meditation, energy and chakras, oneness and enlightenment. Participants
are asked to bring a towel or yoga mat to the seminar. Facilitator: Mandee Labelle (Session B only)
Note: This workshop will be held at the Dartmouth Sportsplex This workshop is filled
20)Everyday Yoga & Yoga
in the Workplace: Stretching, strengthening, breathing, meditation, and relaxation to optimize health and well-being.
Participants are asked to bring a towel or yoga mat to the seminar. Facilitator: Mandee
Labelle (Session C) Note: This workshop will be held at the Dartmouth Sportsplex. This
workshop is filled up.